Tuesday, 7 April 2015

How to Survive Primark

Don't get me wrong, I love Primark, it's one of my favourite shops and I rarely leave empty handed. However, the rails of totally unorganised clothing, the bright white lights, the mile long queues and the seas of shoppers all searching for a bargain which so often characterise Primark do not provide the most relaxed or stress free shopping environment so I thought I'd share my tips on surviving a trip to the delight that is Primark.

Source
1. Go to Primark at the start of your shopping trip when you're full of energy and enthusiasm and hopefully before the masses have destroyed anything that may resemble organisation in the store.

2. Take a coffee (and cake) break straight after Primark so you can restore some of that energy and enthusiasm which was no doubt killed during your Primark adventures (this will allow you to enjoy the rest of your day shopping.) 

3. CHECK THE LABEL NOT THE HANGER - I can't even tell you the amount of times I've ended up in the changing room with an item of clothing that was my size on the hanger but was a totally different size when I looked at the label.

4. Take the sizes with a pinch of salt - Primark may be cheap and cheerful but the clothes aren't the best quality and the sizes most definitely vary from item to item.

5. Conduct a cull before trying clothes on - Primark is one of those shops where you end up picking up piles of clothes because they're cheap as opposed to nice, take a minute to check through everything you've picked up before heading to the changing room to save time and effort.

6. Take a snack just in case you get peckish, Primark is the worst place to be shopping when hangry.

7. Take a bottle of water to help with the inevitable Primark Headache which results from the bright lights, noisy shoppers and effort of carrying around a tonne of clothes.

8. There will more often than not be another stand of the exact same item somewhere else in the shop if you can't find your size - it might be best to ask a shop assistant to point you in the right direction though.

9. Wear a thin vest top so you can quickly try things on over the top in the store and avoid the massive changing room queues.

10. Take your own carrier bag as the paper bags are useless, especially when you live in Scotland and a downpour is never far away!

Do you have any tips to surviving Primark?

Lots of love,

Heather x


8 comments:

  1. Love this post so much. Primark is a great place to buy cheap clothing although I wouldn't say I love the shop there mainly because of the point you made here (extremely unorganised and noisy) and because the clothes aren't exactly good quality or original. Your point of checking the item of clothing rather than the hanger is a must, and I think it goes for shopping in any shop really. I wouldn't say I have any tips but keeping calm and relaxed rather than stressing over the amount of people is a must!
    Emily
    http://dreamuphappiness.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh! I love Primark but can never bear to spend more than half an hours in there before I need a massive dose of fresh air. I'd definitely recommend going in there with an open mind rather than looking for something in particular - I can only ever seem to find things if I'm not looking for it! x

    Always, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha love this, Primark is always crazy but we have quite a small one down the road from us which I cn usually survive! Definitely agree with not braving the changing rooms - they just aren't worth the effort! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha this is BRILLIANT! I usually end up braving the Oxford St one on my lunch breaks, just cos it's so close to my work.

    Getting there as soon as it opens is one of my best tips for it. The Oxford Street one is pretty much empty whenever I go then, AND everything is usually in the right place and so much easier to find :) xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this post! I find I really have to be in a shopping mood before hitting Primark...cake afterwards sounds fab!

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post, Primark is always a mess, and full of people, I like going there right when it opens!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't actually visited Primark in many years, however I often see blog posts featuring fantastically price items from the store! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post and useful tips. Even so I don't really shop at Primark.

    I am following you :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete