Sunday, 8 February 2015

TV Highlights

They say bad things come in threes and this week the threes have just kept coming. By 'bad things' I don't mean anything absolutely horrendous, just things like missing a train, losing a favourite mitten and falling flat on my face coming out of a lecture -  not good! It was one of those weeks that you sort of really just want to end, however a weekend trip to the cinema to see Big Hero 6 (amazing!!) with an old friend did help lift my spirits.

 I also need to apologise for being terrible with reading and commenting on blog posts, it is  getting to that time of the semester where essay deadlines are beginning to loom! I am also currently spending about three times as much time in the library than in front of the TV but fear not, I did still manage to scrape together a few highlights:

1/02/15 - The Last Tango in Halifax

Source
Sunday's episode was the last episode in the season and it was a lovely one to end it on. The plot line for the whole series has been very original and just really enjoyable with ups and downs a plenty. You know that what when a programme is set in summer and the scenery, sets and costumes are all bright and cheery and it just makes you feel so much better? Well that was definitely the case here. The ending was really apt and really lovely but I won't spoil it in case you fancy watching it. I'd definitely recommend it if you're in the mood for a heart warming drama.

2/02/15 - Broadchurch


Source
Oh my goodness this is getting good!! I'm actually finding that I'm more invested in the sort of sub plot about Hardy's previous case than I am in the murder trial, maybe because I wasn't all that into the first series. Saying that, the whole court room proceedings/lawyer business is pretty interesting and I have to say I LOVE Jocelyn, what a great character!

5/02/15 - Eastenders


Source
The reveal of Lucy Beale's murderer is getting so close and things are just beginning to fall together which is just making everything tense! Lauren Branning found a slip of yellow paper which the audience knew to be an important clue but all it really had on it was a number - I think it was the telephone number of the murderer meaning Lauren knows now...There have also been a few really nice Lauren and Peter scenes this week including one where they got re-engaged (long story if you don't watch the show!) They're definitely my favourite TV couple at the minute so I loved this turn in the story!

This week also saw the last episode in the series of Silent Witness which I'm sad to say was a bit of a disappointment. I was so excited when the series returned and the first two story lines were amazing but the following three just weren't up to the same standard...lets hope next year's series is consistently good!

Have you been up to anything exciting this weekend?

Lots of love,

Heather x

No comments:

Post a Comment