Sunday, 1 February 2015

TV Highlights

With lectures and tutorials back in full swing, it's been a pretty quiet week EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT I GOT A TWEET FROM J.K. ROWLING (still fangirling so hard, absolute QUEEN.) But aside from that, there's not much to report. This week marked fifty years since the funeral of Winston Churchill, this has meant that there have been a lot of really interesting programmes on about Churchill which is excellent if you're a bit of a history geek like myself! However, historical documentaries aren't all I've been enjoying:


25/01/15 - Ed Sheeran on Top Gear

Source
Top Gear has always been a funny programme but it soon became hilarious when Ed Sheeran, who had never driven before (and who I love), was put in the show's Reasonably Priced Car and let loose on the Top Gear Circuit.  In almost every episode of Top Gear, a celebrity is invited to try a timed lap in the Reasonably Priced Car to see where they place on the leader board. This week was no different except that Ed Sheeran had never even turned a car on let alone raced one. Ed received his first ever driving lesson from the show's stunt driver, The Stig but was soon let to his own devices completing a lap in a time which placed him second last on the board. Having only passed my own driving test about 9 months ago, the memories of driving lessons are still fresh which  just made the whole thing funnier, the perfect spot of light entertainment for a Sunday evening.



26/01/15 - Broadchurch


Source
Broadchurch, now in it's second season, was absolutely huge last year when it first aired, however, I never really caught on the bandwagon. I decided I'd stick with season two and see how it developed - surely there couldn't be ANOTHER murder - but I wasn't all that impressed with the first few episodes. This week's was different though, I really, really enjoyed the episode and it actually got me excited for the following week's installment. There wasn't anything particularly different about this episode, I think the story line has just progressed to that point where I'm involved now and I want to know what happens - got to love a good murder mystery which you think has been resolved but actually maybe hasn't!!

26/01/15 - Dance Moms

Source
This week's episode of Dance Moms was brilliant once again. The group dance was inspired by Orange is the New Black and was incredbible - it never ceases to amaze me just how in sync they all are. Of course, there was also a lot of Abby/mom drama which just adds to the whole thing!


30/01/15 - Churchill: The Nation's Farewell

Source
This was a documentary about Churchill's funeral and was so so interesting, definitely worth a watch, especially if you're into history. The mayor of London, Boris Johnston, spoke a little about Churchill and said that had he been alive today, he expects Winston Churchill would have been an excellent blogger!

30/01/15 - Dame Judi Dench on Graham Norton 

Source
Who doesn't love a good chat show? This week Dame Judi Dench, Dev Patel, Sharon Horgan, Rob Delaney and Jack O'Connell appeared on Graham Norton's sofa and all were fabulous! However Dame Judi Dench was my personal favourite, she was absolutely hilarious and discussed everything from her new film - The Second Best Exotic Marrigold Hotel - to YOLO. There was also a brilliant section on hotel reviews that had me in stitches. If you missed it, I'd highly recommend catching up on iplayer.

Hope you've all had a good weekend! What have you been up to?

Lots of love,

Heather x

8 comments:

  1. This is a really lovely idea for a post. Boardchurch has appealed to me from the ads but I've never actually got around to watching it, it's got good reviews from everywhere that I've look so I probably should watch it! Congrats on tweet from J.K. Rowling!
    Emily
    http://dreamuphappiness.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Emily! Everyone seemed to love the first series!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. That tweet from J.K.Rowling is super awesome!! I can't wait for the next Cormoran Strike book :)

    Gilly - Ribbons of Memory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it! I'm super excited too, such a great series :D

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. omg i would have died!! a tweet from JK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A week on and I am STILL fangirling!!

      Heather x

      Delete
  4. I love these posts! Definitely need to catch up on Top Gear haha!! :D I heart Ed Sheeran and this sounds hilarious xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Katy!! I'd go as far as saying this was the best Top Gear episode of the series, Ed is so genuine and lovely!

      Heather x

      Delete