Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Crêpe à Croissant


Happy Pancake Day!! Is there a more appropriate for a blog post about a crepes? I think not.


Crêpe à Croissant is another little gem situated on Byers Road. It may not look like much from the outside but rest assured, this place is not one to pass by!


Crêpe à Croissant is one of my favourite haunts and is always high on the list of spots when it comes to choosing a place for pre lecture lunch - lecture are so much more bearable when you're full of pancake!


We all know that I have an incredibly sweet tooth but I am also a creature of habit and have ordered the Mega Marshmallow - Nutella and marshmallow - nearly every time I have visited. However, when Mimmi and I popped in last week, I was (somewhat) more adventurous and switched my marshmallows for banana which was just as good, if not better than my usual! Mimmi went for a Nutella, pear and almond scenario which looked super good too!



Crêpe à Croissant is home to some of the best crêpes I have ever had, I'm getting hungry just thinking about them! They're so light yet still filling and they definitely don't scrimp on their toppings. Is a Nutella crêpe really a Nutella crêpe if it doesn't contain a third of a jar of Nutella? There's a huge range of sweet crêpes including one with an apple pie filling which I've heard is amaazing. There's also a wide range of savoury crêpes, which I have resolved to try next time I'm in. Ratatouille maybe? If you're not a crêpe person - why not??? - there's also a selection of sandwiches, croissants and baguettes on offer which I've been told are brilliant but which I never intend to try!

The floor length windows make the café a great spot for a bit of people watching which, combined with the delicious food, makes Crêpe à Croissant the perfect place to pass and hour or two!

Do you have a favourite pancake/crêpe topping?

Lots of love,

Heather x

10 comments:

  1. Yum! I am totally the same, nutella all the way please! I had some good pancakes today but nothing beats fresh crepes! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you are so right, fresh crepes are the ultimate form of pancake!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. They really do make amazing crepes!

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that crepe seriously has me drooling! I first discovered crepes when I was 14 in Paris on school exchange and I fell hard for them! Lemon and sugar was the staple, and it was pretty good, but Nutella was just something else! Its probably one of the things I'm looking forward to eating again when I next visit Paris! That banana combo would be amazing - banana and chocolate are kind of a perfect match!

    Carly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bannana and Chocolate ARE the perfect match! I had my first ever savory crepe in Paris last year - cheese and ham with tomato sauce, delicious!

      Heather x

      Delete
  4. Aaaah the crepe looks delicious!!!
    I'm so jealous right now!

    http://classylines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I've not been in here yet! To be quite honest, I'm not great at making it past Crolla's, so my sweet tooth is usually well fed by the time I get anywhere else ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've never been to Crolla's! You should definitely give the crepes a go :)

      Heather x

      Delete