Sunday, 11 January 2015

TV Highlights

My final week of the Christmas break has been spent working 9-5 in a newspaper office and I have to say, I absolutely loved it. It was hard work at times but really really rewarding and I'm genuinely sad that I'm not going back on Monday. Each evening when I got home this week, I found that there was nothing I wanted to do more than curl up in my pyjamas in front of the TV and luckily there has been plenty to keep me entertained :)

4/1/15 - Diversity Live

Source
Dancing has been a big part of my life for as long as I can remember and I love watching it. Although I am by no means a street dancer (my attempt at street dancing is actually laughable)  street dance is my favourite style to watch, it's so clever and slick. Diversity are a British street dance group who shot to fame after winning Britain's got talent and now have their own show! Diversity live is a showcase of amazing routines interspersed with interviews with members of the group. It was so interesting hearing the stories and ideas behind the routines through the interviews and the focus on dance made the show really easy watching.

Unfortunately, none of the Diversity Live performances are online yet, but here is their performance on Got to Dance last year - pretty spectacular!


6/01/15 & 7/01/15 - Silent Witness

Source
Silent Witness is the best programme everrrrr! I know I say this a lot but I mean it this time (okay I'll probably brand something else 'the best programme ever' next week but Silent Witness is really, really good.) It is a crime thriller which is always really well written with crazily clever plot lines; I love when all these little things just fall into place right at the very end and everything just seems so obvious! The first in the new series, this week's episode was a two parter - the best kind - called The Sniper's Nest it was so tense the whole way through and there was an excellent cliffhanger between the episodes. I'm so glad this is back!

9/01/15 Coronation Street - Beth and Kirk's Wedding

Source
For me, Coronation Street has been going through a bit of a lull at the minute, I've not been all that invested in any of the plot lines and everything has just seemed a bit gloomy. This week however, was the week of Beth and Kirk's wedding and the actual wedding and reception made for a really lovely episode. Soap weddings are often full of drama but Beth and Kirk's went off without disruption. It was a fancy dress wedding and I felt that all the bright costumes and decorations made for a really uplifting and heartwarming episode, perfect for a gloomy January night.

Have you watched anything good this week?

Lots of love,

Heather x

6 comments:

  1. Oh god don't get me started on Corrie , it's boring me to death at the mo, Eastenders has been better/ OH and Celeb Big Brother. Glad you enjoyed working in the shop, I do it every day too and it's not that fun to me haha . Great post. xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't word that very well, it was an actual newspaper I was working at although I did do some Christmas shifts at a shop in town and I loved that too :) Eastenders has definitely been better but I don't think I can wait until Feb to find out who killed Lucy!!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. i don't think we have any of those here in the US, but the new season of downton abbey just started over here and i've started watching doctor who on netflix as well :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's exciting, I never really got into Downton but I know so many people who love it! Doctor who is excellent, especially the earlier ones where Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant were the Doctor!

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. I'm sort of a caveman when its about TV. I discovered Orphan black last week and I loved it, but since it aired in 2013 I guess that's beyond old news haha. I'll keep in mind the first one, dancing is ahuge part of my life too!


    solorzanolu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love hearing about shows that aren't in the us. it gives me stuff to look out for!

    ReplyDelete