Friday, 30 January 2015

Siabann Skin Candle

This candle is potentially the best thing I have ever bought. EVER. Not only does it smell amazing (Sloe Gin mmmm) but it doubles as a hand cream too, perfect for Winter.


This little beauty is a Siabann Soy Skin Candle from The Ochil Soap Company, which I picked up from the Hopetoun Christmas Market. It is handmade from a blend of natural oils - including coconut oil and almond oil - along with natural butters and soy wax, all of which are incredible for your skin and at only £6, it's a bargain too!

As you'd expect, the wax melts as you burn the wick but the wax doesn't get scalding hot so can be rubbed straight into the skin. 


This has been an absolute saviour throughout winter. I love having candles burning as they make my room feel lovely and cosy but whenever I have this one on I'm reminded to moisturise which is wonderful considering how dry my hands usually get.

I have noticed such a difference in my skin since I started using this, the oils are super nourishing without being greasy -  always good - and the sweet smell lingers on my skin for hours. I honestly can't recommend this candle enough, I think I'll try a Mandarin one next time!

Do you have a favourite winter product?

Lots of love,

Heather x

9 comments:

  1. A candle and a moisturiser? That's such a cool concept! Sounds wonderful :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome! I've heard of these candles before, but doubted if the moisturizing ability was good, nice to know that it is!

    Vievelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah this sounds so cool!! Never seen anything like this - need to keep an eye out for it x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. A candle and a moisturiser - is this the coolest thing ever? Definitely the best multipurpose candle I've ever heard of! That's amazing - how do you use it as a moisturiser? While the wax is a bit melty (but not too hot)?

    (Curious) Carly xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great I have never heard of a candle that turns into a moisturiser!
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's very fascinating, i've never heard of a candle you can use as a hand cream. How unusual and awesome.

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live for a good candle! The amount of money I spend on them is egregious! Have the check this out - such a cool thing that you can use it as hand cream!


    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This sounds amazing and I hope I can get one soon! I've never heard of a candle/moisturiser before! x

    Beyond The Velvet | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds fab! Love sloe gin xx

    www.seeonebuyone.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete