Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Britain's Got Talent Auditions!!

For as long as I can remember, I've been super interested in film and television and how it all works and so when I saw an advert for tickets to sit in the audience while the Britain's Got Talent auditions were filmed, I was keen to apply!


I was lucky enough to get three tickets and so was able to take my mum and one of my best friends along too :)

Jenny and I had to go in early to swap our reservations for the actual tickets but we made the most of the day and went for a lovely meal at Bar Soba too (mmm noodles!)

We had to be back at the Festival Theatre in Edinburgh for 7.30 in order to join the queue and my was it a queue! By the time we'd met my mum, the queue had already snaked right back down the street! It was absolutely freezing but thankfully we weren't waiting long.


The theatre looked amazing with the huge 'Xs' above the stage and the Britain's Got Talent slogans projected on the backdrop. It all felt a bit surreal as it looked exactly how it does on TV!


Our seats were really great, giving us an excellent view of the stage. The first half hour was spent watching the buzzers and projections being tested before a comedian came on to warm the audience up. We were also all filmed clapping, cheering, oohing and ahhing to provide footage that can be slotted in wherever necessary in the final cut.

Ant and Dec were introduced which was really cool but we didn't see them much as they spent a lot of time presenting backstage. We did however see a lot of the judges, they even walked right by us!

Simon and David (+ security!)
Judge conga!
I sort of presumed that there would be a huge queue of acts that filtered on and off again after about two minutes but this was't the case. There were only about 14 acts and each act spent a good while on stage and received plenty of feedback - the actual judges probably don't see an awful lot more auditions than we see on the TV.

ANT AND DEC!!
 There were quite long intervals between acts as Ant and Dec so Ant and Dec had time to chat to them but this was quite alright as we were kept entertained by a hilarious comedian and all the banter between the judges (when they weren't being touched up by an army of make-up artists!)


We were asked not to share anything about any of the acts so as to keep the surprise but I had an amazing evening and am looking forward to seeing it all on TV in March!

Have you ever been to see a show being filmed?

Lots of love,

Heather x

12 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to see BGT live but haven't had the chance, this definitely looked like a fun experience :)
    I saw QI live, which was interesting xo

    http://pursuitofwxnderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can imagine that would have been really good too! The auditions were great :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. This is so cool! I would have been so star struck seeing the judges! I've never actually seen a live show being filmed but I can imagine it would be super interesting!

    Carly xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really, really cool! Yeah, it was a bit surreal when they all walked in so close, they were also all wearing A LOT of make-up!

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. That;s sooo cool I really want to be part of the Jeremy Kyle audience haha . xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so lucky!
    ----
    http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so pleased that I got tickets :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  5. So awesome! :) You must of loved this!

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really did, it was so interesting and just a generally great evening!

      Heather x

      Delete
  6. Wow! Looks like so much fun! What a great experience!

    Vievelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was soo good! Thanks for reading :)

      Heather x

      Delete