Sunday, 7 December 2014

TV Highlights

Only 18 sleeps until Christmas!!!! With my university exams starting next week, I haven't had a lot of time for television watching but I've picked a few highlights from what I did catch:

Sweat the Small Stuff 3/12/14 - Rochelle vs. Melvin

Source
Sweat the Small Stuff is a celebrity panel show hosted by Nick Grimshaw, perfect for a bit of light, late evening entertainment. Each week there is a Rochelle vs. Melvin feature where the two team captains Rochelle Humes and Melvin Odoom go head to head in a challenge involving the public. This week the pair had to compete to get the public to help them overcome their 'phobia' of heights by having someone help them up an escalator. This bit had me laughing out loud, especially when Melvin was carried up the escalator by a security guard. Even if you don't watch the full show, this section is worth watching on iplayer if you're in need of a laugh. (It starts at 11.25 in the link :))

Eastenders 4/12/14 - Lauren and Peter's Engagement 

Source
Lauren and Peter were childhood sweethearts and one of my favourite TV couples so I was so happy when their romance rekindled earlier this year. Eastenders has been pretty depressing recently with Lucy Beale's murder case taking center stage so the engagement did a lot to lift the spirits of the show. The happiness was very short lived as some skeletons made their way out of the closet in traditional Eastenders' style but it was a moment of happiness nevertheless.

The One Show 5/12/14 - Baked Beans Segment

The fact that a segment on baked beans made it into my TV highlights must say a lot about me! However, baked beans are one of my favourite foods and this One Show feature putting traditional baked beans up against a fancy homemade variety was really entertaining and quintessentially British, I loved it. (Plot twist: baked beans aren't actually baked, they're stewed.)

I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 6/12/14 - Cyclone Challenge

Source
The Cyclone challenge returns in the semi final of I'm a Celebrity each year. Normally I'm not a huge fan of this challenge - where celebrities run up a slippery water slide with stars whilst being buffeted by wind machines, water and plastic balls - but this year's line up made it hilarious. A particular highlight was when 68 year old ex-MP, Edwina Currie, didn't realise the trial had finished and remained firmly planted on her star to keep it in place! The use of The Avengers soundtrack only added to the drama and hilarity of the challenge.

Do you have any TV highlights to share? Or did you watch anything I watched?

Lots of Love,

Heather x

6 comments:

  1. i've never seen any of those shows, but have heard of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen these so I'll have to check them out! I'm currently all hooked on mid-season finales of shows like 'Revenge' and 'Once Upon a Time' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I watched the first season of Once Upon a Time, it was fab! Which season are you on?

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. Haven't seen any of these yet. But they look interesting. Good luck on your exams!
    Bright Shiny Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not everyone's cup of tea but I like them :) thank you!

      Heather x

      Delete