Monday, 1 December 2014

Things I Love About Winter

It's the 1st of December!!!! Did you all have your little chocolate this morning? Only 24 more until Christmas!!

Although it may not officially be winter, for me, the best season started when Monty the penguin hit our screens. With this in mind, I feel it is high time for a Things I Love About Winter list (there's a lot...I love Winter!)  :)


The day being so cold that you can see your breath in the air
All the amazing party outfits in the shops
Puddles freezing over to create lethal ice patches (makes the walk to the shops more exciting!)
Christmas music being constantly on the radio
Christmas jumpers
Winter woolies
Glitter


Spending time with family and friends
Little Christmas traditions
Reeses Peanut Butter Christmas Trees
Snow!
Parties
Christmas markets
Hot chocolates and festive drinks


Mum's Christmas snowball
Time off school/university/work
How happy everyone is
Winter Sales
Advent calendars
Nativity story
Christmas television specials


All the Christmas lights and decorated shop fronts
Waking up to a covering of glistening frost
CHRISTMAS
Boxing Day at my grandma's (it's like a second Christmas and the drive down is wonderful!)
Snowdrops
Hogmanay
The fresh start of New Year
Watching the Loony Dook on New Years Day
Getting wrapped up to go for walks

What do you love about Winter?

Lots of Love

Heather x










21 comments:

  1. What I love most about winter is definitely eating way too much food and going for drinks in a cosy pub! Also walking around Christmas markets is always fun :) xx

    www.lulabelloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm Christmas food is the best food though so eating too much is totally okay!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. Great post, december is the best month isnt it?

    Vievelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely photos! I love the festivities that can be found everywhere, the lights, festive jumpers, just everything! I also love that I get a bit of time off of University to spend time with family and friends. Great blog post!

    Becky, x
    http://undertheseabeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely list! I adore winter :) Sure, it can be a bit dark and grim, but it's wonderful at the same time.

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimmi, I agree. January is always a bit grey after Christmas has been and gone

      Heather x

      Delete
  5. christmas markets in germany are some of my fave memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The German market comes to Edinburgh every year, it must have been incredible to actually experience it in Germany!

      Heather x

      Delete
  6. This is lovely Heather!! :D I'm such a fan of the festive drinks and Christmas markets :D xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy! The festive drinks AT the Christmas markets are the best...mulled wine anyone?!

      Heather x

      Delete
  7. Gotta love a christmas market! xx

    www.roseandmuse.com
    www.roseandmuse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, especially the Edinburgh one!

      Heather x

      Delete
  8. Lovely! Thanks for sharing the list. Nothing beats those Christmas lights and just it being the end of the year and a fresh start soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas lights are amazing, especially when they're done properly!

      Heather x

      Delete
  9. I love this post!! I love all those things about winters too, except it'd making me wish for a wintry Christmas instead of the summery one we will have in Australia! I did so enjoy the white Christmas we had last year in Canada - that was such a treat!
    Carly xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carly! I loved writing it! Wow, Christmas in Canada must have been amazing! A summery Chirstmas seems so weird to me!

      Heather x

      Delete
  10. I miss the British winter, Australian winters aren't the same and a hot Xmas feels too strange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hot Christmas would be so weird!

      Heather x

      Delete
  11. I just made a most about my first Christmas Market in Europe... you guys are so lucky! It really makes things feel more like Christmas :) Nice post :)

    Francesca
    www.onegirl-oneworld.com

    ReplyDelete