Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Siempre Bicycle Cafe


Wednesdays are days for between-lecture-cafe-trips and Siempre Bicycle Cafe is somewhere that myself, April and Sian have wanted to go to for a while. After history, the three of us headed to Partick, just off Byers Road to try it out.

April walks past Siempre most days and it was her addition to our list. She had given us very little to go on other than 'it's a cafe in a bike shop with bikes in the window' so neither me nor Sian really knew what to expect.


It turns out that Siempre really is a cafe within a bicycle repair shop! As opposed to being a caff that serves bacon butties and tea, as you may expect from the location, Siempre is a gourmet cafe with an extensive menu including a selection of specialty sandwiches and a mouthwatering array of home baking.
 
 
Our table was surrounded by bikes and other cycling equipment which was for sale such as jerseys and helmets. We were actually having our lunch in the middle of the shop! Instead of a table, our sofas were separated by crates, in keeping with the cycling and repair theme. It seems that a lot of the cafes and restaurants in the West End have a bit of a theme going on, like in Tomboy. I really like this as it really adds to the whole experience and makes each place memorable!


Both Sian and April opted for the soup and sandwich lunch deal. The soup was sweet and sour tomato which, apparently, was very good. After a while spent deliberating the sandwich options, April, adventurous as usual, went for the Crayfish Po'boy while Sian settled on the Healthy New Yorker. The sandwiches looked delicious and I was assured they tasted just as good. I went for the hummus and pitta bread as I can never say no to hummus when it's on offer! The hummus was quite different to your average hummus, not as smooth or creamy, but very tasty nevertheless.

Having spent a good while on the very comfy sofas, Sian had to head back to uni for a tutorial, leaving April and I with the homebaking, the majority of which, I was told, had been made by an all male baking team. All the usual pasteries and traybakes were on offer as well as a few more unusual options including chiili chocolate macaroons, strawberry balsamic cake and peanut butter brownies.Me being me, having a very sweet tooth and a slight obsession with peanut butter, I had to go for the brownie. April went for a strawberry milkshake.

Look at all that peanut butter goodness!
 
 
I am not exaggerating when I say that this peanut butter brownie was the best cafe cake I have ever tasted. It was so rich and peanut-buttery whilst still managing to maintain the crunchy/dense/gooey combination of a regular chocolate brownie (this was serious peanut butter baking, no chocolate involved.)

Siempre was soo good that I'd happily go back every week. However, our list is ever growing and I'm excited to see what other gems the West End has to offer!
 
 
Are there any quirky cafes or restaurants where you live?
 
Lots of Love,
 
Heather x














16 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fun café. Very interesting concept! And that brownie sounds wonderful :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great cafe! I'd highly recommend it if you're looking for somewhere to go!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. This has to be one of the quirkiest cafes I've seen in a long time - I'm assuming the place doesn't smell of oil? haha! ;) Thanks for sharing this.. and all of that delicious sweet food!! :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No haha it doesn't! Thanks for reading :)

      Heather x
      http://heatherrrrm.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, thanks for posting! The food looks delicious! <3

    I have a new outfit post on my blog, would love to know your thoughts;

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, sounds like a fab cafe! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really nice! Thanks for reading :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  5. The food looks absolutely delicious! Oh I WISH there was an endless number of quirky cafes near me! Cute little cafes=life ;) Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog as well! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you're welcome! I love your blog! Nothing beats an afternoon in a cute cafe!

      Heather x
      http://heatherrrrm.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  6. looks wonderful! re: your comment yesterday, the tip you suggested i shared on my blog 2 years ago: http://ellesees.blogspot.com/2012/08/back-to-school-week-strawberry.html hehe:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw haha, I obviously didn't make it that far back in my afternoon scrolling! I find the strawberries work wonders! Thanks for reading Elle :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  7. Omg, this cafe actually sounds amazing!!! The food looks gorgeous as well - I want to go!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd highly recommend it if you ever find yourself in Partick!!

      Heather x

      Delete
  8. Oh wow! This all looks incredible and sounds like you had a really great day too! x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was brilliant, a really cute spot!

      Heather x

      Delete