Tuesday, 11 November 2014

November Necessities

I present to you some items that I require to survive November!


1. A furry blanket - perfect for snuggling up with on the sofa of an evening (even more perfect with a film and chocolate)

2. A good mug - a nice mug just makes a warm drink all that more comforting on a wintery night. My ultimate comfort drink is warm milk with marshmallows in my Buckingham Palace mug. Do you have a favourite drink and mug combo?

3. Hair ties - who knows what the November weather is going to do? I always keep hair ties on me in case of a freak gale or downpour - not all that rare in Scotland! I'm currently loving these cute patterned bows from Primark.

4. Lip Balm - to protect those lips from wintery weather. Burt's Bees Nourishing Mango balm is my current choice - so good!

5. A mini hairbrush - like the hair ties, when it gets to this time of the year I try to keep a mini hairbrush in my bag in an attempt to salvage my hair from the wrath of the elements when out and about.

6. Hand Lotion - my hands get really dry so I definitely need a hand cream in the colder months. I have been using Victoria's Secret 'Such a Flirt' hand cream, I find it's really moisturising without being too greasy. It also smells AMAZING and reminds me of summer which cheers me up on particularly dull days.

7. A Cosy Scarf - a good, thick scarf is definitely required in November, preferably a long one that can be wrapped around multiple times for maximum protection from the cold.

8.Mittens (or gloves) - I'm definitely someone who feels the cold and have had my mittens out since the end of October. Cold hands are the absolute worst but my Ugg mittens make sure my hands are always toasty :)

What are your November necessities?

Lots of Love,

Heather x



15 comments:

  1. I have to agree with this post for November necessities :) Love that this time of the year means being cozy! Great blog post :) Following you!

    Becky, x
    http://undertheseabeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love being all warm and comfy when it's horrid outside - best thing! Thanks so much :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. Definitely need a good cosy blanket! Add a candle and a hot choc to this list and I agree entirely x

    The perks of being a hipster - Zoella & Tanya Burr Product Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge hot chocolate fan to be honest, at least not really your regular milk chocolate. I have found a strawberry white chocolate one that I quite like and I'm desperate to try Starbuck's new one :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. That blanket looks so cosy! And hot drinks in cute mugs is definitely a November necessity. My favourite one is my blue 'Taika' mug from Iittala, a Finnish design brand. And although hot chocolate is lovely once in a while, nothing really beats tea, in my opinion :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love my blanket! I just had a look at Iittala, their stuff is really nice :) I really wish I liked tea but I just don't!

      Heather x

      Delete
  4. Definitely agree a furry blanket and a good mug are essentials!

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect for a cosy night in :) thanks for reading!

      Heather x

      Delete
  5. I think most of these are my November essentials too! I bought a ton of different hot chocolates tonight to see me through winter...oh and lots of Lush bath products too! x

    Always, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds so perfect! The Lush collection is amazing right now!

      Heather x

      Delete
  6. That hairbrush is definitely a neccesity! the wind does awful things to my hair this time of year, nice list!

    http://vievelle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh 100% and there is something so satisfying about giving tangled hair a good brush!

      Heather x

      Delete
  7. i have a mug that has it's own sweater! it's my fave at the moment!

    ReplyDelete