Friday, 28 November 2014

My Favourite Programmes

I really love watching TV. Settling down in front of the TV with a mug of hot chocolate is one of my favourite ways to relax and is probably something I do a bit too often! 

I've been thinking about adding a little Sunday feature to my blog where I post some television highlights from the week as I know I would really enjoy doing this. In lieu of this potential addition, I thought I'd share some of my favourite programmes with you!

This list took me an awfully long time to cut down as there were A LOT of candidates but the final five are as follows:

                   

1. The One Show

For those of you who don't know, The One Show is a British magazine style programme which incorporates a unique mix of factual, serious and entertaining content. The One Show is on every weekday evening at 7pm and there is a different guest each episode. I love how easy The One Show is to watch while still being informative and interesting. It's especially good if, like me, you like keeping up with current affairs.

                

4. Dance Moms

At the complete other end of the television spectrum from The One Show is Dance Moms which takes fourth place. Dance Moms is my absolute guilty pleasure, I really shouldn't enjoy catty moms fighting with their daughters' dance teacher and sneaking around, stabbing each other in the back, but I really do! If you've never seen it, you probably won't believe me when I say that episodes are genuinely gripping but, how can you not want to see which child makes it to the top of Abby Lee's competition pyramid?!?


3. Friends

Now who doesn't love Friends? It is always on and the half hour episodes make for very convenient revision breaks! I'm pretty sure I've seen each of the 236 episodes about 12 times but they're so light and entertaining that I'm happy to watch them all over again!

                 

2. Coronation Street

I feel like a bit of an old lady awarding Coronation Street second place but I love it. It is a Brittish soap which follows the lives' of residents of Coronation Street - seemingly a very exciting place to live! I've watched this with the rest of my family for as long as I can remember, like Friends, it is quite a comforting programmes as you get pretty familiar with the characters. However, unlike Friends, Coronation Street is still running (and has been for over 54 years!!) so each episode is new and exciting.


1. The Great British Bake Off

Who'd of thought that a baking competition could be so good? Everyone I know loves The Bake Off. It is quintessentially British and it's not uncommon for me and my friends to arrange evenings specifically to watch the episodes. Britain gets pretty invested in it's bakers!!

Do you have favourite TV programmes? Do you have any opinions on my favourites?

Lots of Love,

Heather x


6 comments:

  1. I love Game of Thrones, Sherlock and Doctor Who. And of course, the Great British Bake Off. Who knew baking could be so intense!

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh they're all great choices too! The only thing with Sherlock is the seasons are so short then there's such a long wait between them!!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love Friends! It is like the beeeest series ever. I use to watch it at my English class! Currently my favorite show is Castle, so great! And I love How I met Your Mother too!
    with love,
    Vera
    http://theflashwindow.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of Castle but I've never seen it! I really like HIMYM too and I actually quite liked the season finale! Thanks for reading!

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. Great choice. My fav would be supernatural

    ReplyDelete