Saturday, 15 November 2014

China Glaze - Hunger Games Foie Gras

I may not be much of a make-up person but I have always loved doing my nails. I am pretty blessed in the nail department and have always had long, strong nails without much effort!

I have hundreds of nail varnishes but in honour of the approaching release of Mockingjay - Part 1 next week, I decided to dip into my Hunger Games collection by China Glaze.

China Glaze released this collection in 2012 inline with the first film. There is a colour for each district and the majority (with the exception of that neon orange) are pretty neutral and natural colours which I love. A couple of the nail varnishes have a fine glitter or shimmer through them which I really like and Stone Cold (District 2) has a matte effect to it which is fab.

District 1 - Luxe and Lush (far right)
District 2 - Stone Cold
District 3 - Riveting
District 4 - Hook and Line
District 5 - Electrify
District 6 - Fast Track
District 7 - Mahogany Magic
District 8 - Dress Me Up
District 9 - Harvest Moon
District 10 - Foie Gras
District 11 - Agro
District 12 -Smoke and Ashes (far left)

I adore the whole collection and have found an occasion to try each one - yes even that neon one! However my three favourites would have to be Dress Me Up, Fast Track and Electrify.


This week I went for District 10 - Foie Gras, it's a really interesting browny grey which is perfect for Autumn. I use two coats which gives a really good colour although the varnish is pretty thick so you could get away with just one, this also means it applies really nicely however it does take a bit longer to dry. These pictures are taken the day after I painted my nails as I think it's nice to show how a varnish lasts. China Glaze is not my favourite brand for longevity and as you can see after only a day it has already started to chip at the very tips but the colours are so beautiful and unusual so I guess that makes up for it a bit!


What do you think about the China Glaze Hunger Games Collection? Are you as excited as me for Mockingjay?!

Lots of Love,

Heather x

11 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous colour - especially for the colder weather months I think! I'm so excited for mockingjay too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I thought so too! It's going to be so great!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. I love this collection! Especially the one that you're wearing, it's beautiful! Great blog post! I can't wait to see Mockingjay!

    Becky, x
    http://undertheseabeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Becky! I hope you enjoy it.

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. This is such a nice collection! I think I'd wear all of them except for the really orange-y red one. The one you're wearing is especially lovely.

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Mimmi, yes the bright one is not my go to, I think I've only ever worn it once!

      Heather x

      Delete
  4. that colour is really beautiful!

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I find it's very seasonal

      Heather x

      Delete
  5. What a clever idea by China Glaze, and I love that shade your wearing! I need to find it...asap. Do they still sell it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristen, thank for your comment! I've had a look around and I'm actually not too sure they do.

      Heather x

      Delete
  6. I don't know anything about Hunger Games really, but I love that last color. Really pretty dark alternative to the trendy nude, for my skin-type.

    ReplyDelete