Friday, 14 November 2014

Bubbletrea Bubble Tea

The time between lectures is probably supposed to be spent studying but me and two of my friends, April and Sian, much prefer to use the time when we're all free to try out some of the quirky cafes and restaurants along Byers Road.

The first place on our list - which is quite extensive! - was Bubbletrea, a bubble tea shop. Now I am not a regular tea drinker in any sense of the word, I mean I wish I was, I think I would make an excellent tea drinker but I just don't like it. However I do love Lipton peach ice tea and with the promise of the tea on offer being cold and flavoured I was willing to give it a go.


The little teashop was very modern and airy and those big red and black chair were very comfortable.


The concept of bubble tea is a bit of a new one so the signs telling you how to order were very handy. You first had to choose between milk, ice or fruit tea (milk tea had the extra option of being hot or cold), you then chose your flavour and added your toppings. The bubblerista was also very helpful and gave us some recommendations

There was many a combination on offer!
I decided to play it semi safe and went for white peach fruit tea with strawberry juice ball bubbles. Sian went for Passionfruit fruit tea with mango bubbles and April, who was most definitely the bravest of the three of us, went for hot Honeydew Melon milk tea with basil seeds...sounds appealing right?!
My fruit tea
The green one was April's...
So, my tea started off tasting pretty good but after a while the tea flavour started to come through which I wasn't keen on and it all got a bit too sweet. The bubbles were pretty nice and popped in your mouth but there was just too much and it left me feeling a little sick. 

I did brave a bit of April's which was surprisingly nice, being milk tea it was creamier than mine and her basil seed bubbles were more chewy than syrupy sweet but I think it would have had a similar sickly tea affect on me had I had a whole one.

Bubble tea was good to try but I don't really think it's something I'll be having again in a hurry! However, if it's your kind of thing, Bubbletrea is a lovely little spot.

Have you ever had bubble tea? What did you think?

Have a fab weekend!

Lots of Love,

Heather x



10 comments:

  1. I love bubble tea! My friends and I go all the time! I love the coconut milk tea! OMG I love coconut! :D
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 
    also on BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! That wasn't an option here unfortunately.

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. I tried bubble tea once a few years ago, but it wasn't my thing. The bubbles are just so weird... It's always fun trying out new things though :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's definitely something I wanted to try but maybe it's a bit of an acquired taste!

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. I've not yet tried bubble tea.. looks fun to try though! Great blog :)

    LC

    luckypretty.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth a go to see what you think! Thanks so much!

      Heather x

      Delete
  4. I love bubble tea! My favourite is green apple with strawberry popping balls. :) I know what you mean about the sickly sweet thing though, I never manage to finish a full cup!
    http://www.faunalou.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I like the popping balls but yes, it needed to be a little smaller

      Heather x

      Delete
  5. I really love Bubble tea, but it's definitely not for everyone!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd really like it if I liked the tea taste!

      Heather x

      Delete