Thursday, 6 November 2014

Bonfire Night!



Last night, the 5th November, was Bonfire night, arguably one of my favourite nights of the year.

                   

I headed down to Glasgow Green with my flat mates and around 15000 others, in order to watch a display of 3000 fireworks - it was pretty fab!


All the trees were lit up with fairy lights as the crowds crammed onto the green. It was so beautiful and there was such a great atmosphere, despite the cold. (However, the freezing temperatures did mean I was able to whip out the mittens and furry jacket so I wasn't complaining too much!) 

The fireworks were superhero themed and exploded in time to various superhero movie soundtracks which was very cool. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love fireworks and the Glasgow ones did not disappoint! 



I did however discover that taking pictures of fireworks is not the easiest thing in the world!


The big explosion ones are always my favourite!

Changing the shutter speed helped but I discovered this a bit late :(

Unfortunately there was no actual bonfire but the display more than made up for it.

I had such a lovely night with my flat mates which was topped off with some chips and cheese (and tomato sauce) on the way back to the flat - does it get any better than that?

For me, Bonfire night signals the start of the festive season and last night got me super excited for CHRISTMAS (only 48 sleeps now!) Honestly, I'm like a child!

If you celebrate bonfire night did you have a good time? If not, are you excited for Christmas yet?

Lots of Love,

Heather x



13 comments:

  1. Oh look, we've got matching blog posts tonight! :) Your pictures turned out beautifully, especially the last one. The fireworks were definitely amazing!

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure do :D thanks Mimmi, that was after a bit of messing about with various shutter speeds!

      Heather x

      Delete
    2. Love chips and cheese! Haha always the highlight of a good night! Glasgow green is the best, I never made it out this year though! Fab photos, so glad you had fun! Xo

      Delete
    3. Mmm so good, not the same without tomato sauce though! Thanks :) hope you had a good night in!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. Only 48 sleeps! Gosh, doesn't time fly by! Lovely photos too :) Bonfire night is one of my favourite evenings of the year, I'm such a fan of firework displays xx

    Angelica // One Little Vice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does! Me too, they are so beautiful :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. I went to our Firework display last night and my damn phone decided it doesn't do firework pictures , you did a good job taking some though they look amazing.
    I love an excuse for the chunky knits to come out and gloves oh and not forgetting my hat. Can not wait for xmas I am super organised this year been Xmas shopping since September hah ..

    Thank you so much for your continued support on my Blog, your kind words make such a difference xox

    http://rainbowsandunicorns27.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a lovely comment!

      I hope you enjoyed your display, fireworks are always better appreciated in the moment anyway :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  4. Fab firework pics Heather! I'm kinda sad I didn't see any this year, but it was just too bloomin' cold for me to go traipsing round the park haha :) xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy! Aw, that's a fine reason to stay in, hope you had a good evening anyway!

      Heather x
      http://heatherrrrm.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  5. I very pathetically get quite scared of fireworks - they are so loud!! We went on a jack the Ripper tour in London on bonfire night and it was great - even got to see some fireworks as we were going around (they did make me jump a long!!) xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh a Jack the Ripper tour is my kind of nightmare, I love fireworks but am petrified of that sort of thing! Glad you had a good time though!

    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! x

    http://liliummind.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete