Friday, 31 October 2014

Spooktacular Cakes



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! If you've read any of my previous posts, you may have noticed I have a major sweet tooth, so obviously I'm all for Halloween and what's a better way to celebrate Halloween than with a blog post about cake?!


Every morning, on the way to university I walk past Designer Cakes by Paige, an independent designer cake shop in the West End of Glasgow. I am always in awe of the amazing creations in their window but their Halloween display is something else! 


The evil minion is a personal favourite!


The staff are obviously very talented and each design is as detailed and original as the next.

Unfortunately, this post was a bit of a spur of the moment idea and so the pictures are from my phone instead of my camera which doesn't quite do the pieces justice.

Aside from celebration cakes, the shop also sells a range of cupcakes and push pops. Having just suffered through a day of lectures and tutorials, I decided to reward myself with a cake to see if they tasted as good as they looked - all in the name of research, right?!

The owner, Lesley, suggested I try a push pop, so I did. It was fab and I can now confirm, the cakes definitely taste as good as they look. Layers of delicious chocolate sponge, chocolate frosting and vanilla cream :) If you ever find yourself on Great Western Road in the West End, I suggest you give one of these little delights a try!

Look at that chocolatey goodness!

In case you want to check out any more of the fabulous cake designs, I've left a link to the shop's website here :)

I'm going to be spending my Halloween with some friends from home who I'm really excited to catch up with after we all went our separate ways to start uni!

How will you be spending your night?

Hope you liked the pictures!

Lots of Love, 

Heather x


18 comments:

  1. Zombie cake looks amazing I am going to have another party next year and would love a cake like this. My boyfriends mam does some amazing cakes she only makes them as a hobby but she is really talented. xox

    http://rainbowsandunicorns27.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's so cool! Does she have a specialty? My mum's friend does it for a hobby too and made me a sorting hat as a birthday cake, it was super cool! I'd love to be able to decorate like that!

      Delete
  2. Oh, some of this cakes do actually look pretty scary! Hahahaha I would be terrified to eat them! Have a nice day!!
    With love,
    Vera
    http://theflashwindow.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Zombie is really creepy! Thanks for your lovely comment :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. Omg I love the Minion one. Some people have serious talent. These cakes are works of art. Happy Halloween! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They're so amazing, how cool would it be to be able to do that?!

      Heather x

      Delete
  4. Wow, the cakes are so creative and amazing! So talented! They're almost too good to eat! xx

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could you bring yourself to cut it?! Hope you enjoyed Halloween!

      Heather x

      Delete
  5. What an incredible art the person who makes them has! They look really good & delicious too! xx

    Blog With Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, that push pop reminds me of the ice cream version I had when I was younger. Brings back good memories with my uncle, cause he always had them in his freezer. Cake decorating is awesome, it'd probably pain me to cut and eat any of them!

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of push pops before but it was so good! Hope you enjoyed Halloween!

      Heather x

      Delete
  7. How funny!

    http://www.thetouristoflife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so interesting! How can people be so talented?!
    <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! It would be amazing to be able to create these!

      Heather x

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Me too! Which is your favourite?

      Heather x

      Delete
  10. cant believe they're cakes! soooo awesome! <3
    check out my pop art makeup at www.lovefromsimmie.com
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete