Sunday, 26 October 2014

Meeting Friends in Edinburgh


Today, me and mum headed into Edinburgh to meet some of our friends from London who were up for a visit. Although we were only meeting our friends for a few hours, we decided to make a day of it and went for a bit of a wander and a shop too! Despite the wind, Edinburgh was looking as beautiful as always.


It turned out our friends' train was a bit delayed so obviously we had to pop to Millie's Cookies in the station while we waited. The cookie cupcakes are my absolute favourites so I got one of the new Halloween editions to try - I mean it would have been rude not to!



By the time we'd met our friends the weather had taken a turn for the worst so we headed straight for a coffee and a catch up. We discovered The Fruitmarket Gallery Cafe right next to Waverly Station. This was such an adorable little cafe nestled in the back of a bookshop with huge glass windows looking out onto Market Street, a perfect spot for people watching! 


After much deliberation, I opted for a chocolate brownie from the excellent cake selection - can you tell I've got a bit of a sweet tooth?! It was absolutely fabulous, crunchy on top and gooey in the middle! (Is this post making you hungry yet??)


After a lovely long catch up, we decided to brave the weather and show our friends a bit of Edinburgh. We headed along Princes Street and up onto George Street where I saw my first Christmas tree of the year at The Dome. It was an amazing tree but still a wee bit too early, would you not agree? 

Pretty impressive Christmas tree!
By this time it had started to get dark seen as the clocks have gone back and all too soon we had to say goodbye. There's nothing I love more than spending time with my family and friends and today was especially nice seen as we've not seen these particular friends in such a long time! It was also really great to be back in Edinburgh seen as I've been sending so much time in Glasgow of recent.

Have you ever been to Edinburgh? If you have, what did you think? If you haven't, would you like to?

Lots of Love,

Heather x



4 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I'd love to go to Edinburgh one day, it looks so pretty, also cookie cupcakes sound absolutely glorious! and now I'm also craving brownies... Just letting you know I nominated you for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers awards, If you check out my blog you can find all the rules and stuff :)

    http://thewhirlingderfish.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thanks so much! That means an awful lot! I've only just discovered my love for brownies...crazy huh?!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. Edinburgh is definitely one of my favourite cities :) I remember that tree from when I spent Christmas there a few years ago! It's so beautiful. Looks like you had a really nice day by the way!

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so lovely, especially at Christmas :) I certainly did have a lovely day!

      Heather x

      Delete