Thursday, 30 October 2014

A Famous Piece of Pie - Throwback Thursday

I love looking back at old photos and sharing memories which is probably why I'm particularly fond of the 'Throwback Thursday' hash tag on Instagram. Blogging gives me an opportunity to write about what I want and so some Thursdays, I'd like to use the Throwback Thursday hash tag to share a memory with you all!

Loving life with my left over pie!
This summer, my family and I took a bit of a road trip across Florida and Louisianian. Whilst in Florida, I got the chance to visit Yoder's Amish Restaurant as featured on 'Man vs. Food'.

Man vs Food!
 Yoder's is located in an Amish village in Sarasota and is famous for it's homemade pies and comfort food. The portions were absolutely HUMONGOUS and having just had lunch I opted for a 'Pie Taster' as opposed to a full slice. I went for the Peanut Butter Cream pie as this was featured on 'Man vs Food' and I have a small obsession with peanut butter - I kid you not, I will eat it with anything, seriously.

Yes, this was just a 'Pie Taster'!
 My goodness, I now know why this restaurant is famous for it's pie...the pie was incredible! So lovely and creamy with a peanut butter crumb base and extra peanut butter crumbs sprinkled on top - I'm all for these peanut butter crumbs! It was so good I swear, I'd go all the way back to Florida just for another slice of that pie!!

Now for the serious question, how do you feel about peanut butter?! Comment below!

Lots of Love,

Heather x
Yoder's Amish Village





10 comments:

  1. your trip sounded like so much fun!! I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter but that food looked delicious!! :)
    http://itshalo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great holiday :) and yes, the food was delicious! Thanks for the comment!

      Heather x

      Delete
  2. That looks like a huge pie! I love the idea of using #tbt to post old trips on blogs, not just pics on instagram. Also, I love peanut butter, on anything and by itself.

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A girl after my own heart! You should have seen the full sized pieces! Yeah, I think it's a great idea to share things that you'd have liked to blog about at the time :)

      Heather x

      Delete
  3. Oh wow that pie looks incredible!! Sounded like such a fun trip! :) x

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was, definitely one of the best holidays ever! Do you have a favourite holiday?

      Heather x

      Delete
  4. That pie looks delicious! I love peanut butter, although this post just made me realise that I haven't had it in ages. I need to change that!

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely need to change that, peanut butter is so good!

      Heather x

      Delete
  5. Love your shirt!

    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete